Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Musings

Great visual to remember, isn't it?! I've been using it to try and keep myself on track with exercising.

I had a really stellar week in terms of weight loss. It's hard to not lose or to gain slightly but in some ways, it's almost as hard to lose a large amount because it makes any smaller number the following week a bit of a disappointment. I have to remember that a loss, any loss, is good. Even holding steady is okay. It's not a one week project. A marathon, not a sprint.

I went out running again this morning. I've been pretty good about running more often than not. Of course, then my son's eyes were still dilated after the eye doctor this morning so I had to take his tennis lesson. A tennis lesson after a 3 mile run is rather tiring. Then tonight my husband wanted to walk the 2 1/2 miles of the neighborhood short loop. On the plus side, I definitely got my exercise today!

As of Saturday (my weigh-in day), I have officially lost 16 pounds. I'm wondering when I'll start to notice. Sadly, my jeans are just as tight out of the dryer as they were before I started. Makes me wonder where the weight is actually coming off? I do think that there's less of a crease showing off my back fat, so that'll be good come swimsuit season. But other than there, I don't see much change in my body yet. Hopefully soon.

Running is good not only for my cardiovascular health, but it helps remind me to cut my toenails (ewww). Learned today that if you leave them slightly too long, they are completely capable of cutting the soft flesh of the next door tootsy and you'll have a bloody sock when you get home. Blech!

I've been cooking Monday through Friday with weekends devoted to being social, having leftovers, or eating pizza. But the 5 days of cooking has been huge for keeping things healthy here. I'm going to list our menu for this week and if anyone out there would like me to continue doing it, please let me know or I won't bother wasting your time again.

Monday (which I have been keeping as meatless Monday the past 5 or so weeks): Rajmah (kidney bean curry) using the recipe on the back of the Aurora Creations spice packet

Tuesday: Chicken and Chard Pasta Fagioli

Wednesday: Grilled Cheeseburger Wrap

Thursday (my crazy driving day so it tends to have to be crockpot Thursday): Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Friday: Healthy Lemon Dill Chicken

That's it for my randomness today. Hope anyone out there reading is having success with their weight loss journey too.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss so far - and I'm jealous that you have picked up your running again so quickly! I still haven't found the running bug. I keep thinking maybe once I've lost a little more weight I will feel like it again. Really hoping to do a Disney race soon (even if it's a 5K to start). I copied your receipes and will definitely be trying them out. They look delicious! Keep up the good work - let's make plans to get together!

    ReplyDelete