Thursday, February 9, 2012

Triggers

My parents are visiting. This generally spurs an overeating frenzy on my part. You'd think I have loads of unresolved childhood issues or something given my gorging when I'm in their vicinity. I don't. No, really. I don't. But for some reason, I eat like I'm stocking up to hibernate for the winter when I am around them. It's very hard for me to break this habit but I am giving it my best shot. I planned out meals for the entire time they are here to minimize chances to sabotage myself. I ran both yesterday and today and followed both runs up with tennis yesterday and a 4 mile walk with mom today. So even if I do overindulge, I'm hoping I've counteracted it in advance. Regardless today and tomorrow will be very hard for me. I can do it. Right? Right!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on having the workout plan to back up the eating. (I think we all do overeat when we have company, or atleast I do)!! Hope that the visit is grand - as it already sounds like you are having a good time with them! I used to love walking with my Mom...miss it everyday some 14 years later. Cherise those walks!!

    MO

    ReplyDelete